AJ in Chuuk

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Matter of Weeks

Greetings everyone. To my multitide of blog fans (my parents and maybe 2 other souls), I sincerely apologize. My excuse would normally be that I was really busy (I was). But I honestly didn't think anything NEW was happening. It's the same old stuff: work work work, enjoying my short free times, the students are well, still pains and still love to scream and run around in their underwear, still have plenty of problems with this school, but the faculty and staff are hanging in there. My classes are going well, we just had Track and Field Day, and I have 2 weeks of classes left.

It's crazy. Yesterday I planned out my entire Geometry class (circles!!) and I will plan out the rest of my other classes today. It's funny, because while I'm planning, I am telling myself that I need more classes to finish what I need to teach! It's just insane that it's all coming to an end.

May 12th I have the debate. The team is working hard this year, but now that Track and Field is over, we will really start preparing a lot more. The proposition is about the FSM having an office of a Special (Independent) Prosecutor. It's very interesting, and I am actually learning a good amount
about this. So at least I have that to keep working on.

But other than that, this is basically it. my 2 years are up. And I'm trying not to think about it that much. Sure, when I go online and talk with people at home, that's all they bring up, and I bring it up as well, but as soon as I step away from the computer, it's back to reality and continuing my lesson planning, grading, sweating (it's really hot here, incase you forgot) and just getting through one day at a time.

I will be home sometime in mid-June. Again, just writing that is nuts, but knowing that it will be a reality very soon is something.

So that's really it right now. People ask me how I'm feeling, and at this point I say "Excited." I mean, we're all so exhausted that I AM ready to be finished with classes and these students. However, we all know that after 2
weeks, I will become more nervous, sad, depressed, who knows. But right now the feeling is not that bad. I'll let you know in a few weeks.

Oh, by the way, Campbell sent me a 40 gigabyte external hard drive for me to bring home all of the pictures and videos I want (it took 3 months to get here, but it got here). This thing is soooo big I can probably erase all of the computers at this school and back them up. This thing can also fly and make espressos. Just kidding. Point is you will all see plenty of quality pictures when I get home.

Take care and see you all soon!

5 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog, AJ. What seems to be "old hat" to you is always new and interesting to us, so it's always great to read your news. It sounds like you are enjoying the math classes.

Good luck on your debate!! I remember the situation last year, with all the confusion (not because of your team!!!) so I hope things work smoothly this year.

We can't wait to see you!!

Love, M

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, my first shout out, in 2 years....i think. Well, probably not, but the other one was because i actually made it out there. Anyhow, got to go to church. I've been trying to find your parents/grandparents at church, switching up my times for several weeks, but they remain elusive foes. Maybe i'll find them today. Talk to you soon!

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Campbell! You found us today! (We went to the 5:00 PM last weekend to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday....Charlie and Louie were here, too...)I'm glad you came for lunch. It's always great to see you!

Hope to see you again soon!

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time really flies, AJ! I'm sure that when you're back in the good old USA you'll fondly remember the good times, incredible experiences and feelings that you had in Micronesia. In spite of all the pains, frustation and some hard times that you may have had, you have accomplished really quite a lot, and I'm sure you have made a difference over there... and I'm sure that those experiences have enriched you quite a bit too...

We are all very proud of you and we can't wait to see you in person soon. Take care of yourself, enjoy these remaining weeks and say hi to allyour friends there.

Love,

Dad

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's winding down so fast! I hope the debate goes well. The topic sounds very interesting.

I'm making you more CDs, and will be mailing them to your house. I'll skip the candy, since when you get it you'll be able to get candy... oh, just about everywhere.

Can't wait to see you again!!

Landry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home